1 hr 5 mins
Good served with bread or in a bread bowl.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel potatoes and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- 2Cook the potatoes in the 2 cups water until tender.
- 3Drain, reserving 1 cup of the liquid.
- 4Add more water if necessary to measure 1 cup.
- 5Set potatoes aside.
- 6Peel and chop onion.
- 7Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- 8Add onion to saucepan and cook stirring frequently until onion is tender and translucent, not brown.
- 9Add flour to saucepan and season with pepper flakes and pepper to taste.
- 10Cook 3-4 minutes.
- 11Gradually add potatoes, reserved liquid, milk and sugar to saucepan.
- 12Add cheese and ham.
- 13Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.7
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 36.6 mg
- Sodium 119.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 8.6 g