Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Good served with bread or in a bread bowl.
Make and share this Chunky Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Cook the potatoes in the 2 cups water until tender.
- Drain, reserving 1 cup of the liquid.
- Add more water if necessary to measure 1 cup.
- Set potatoes aside.
- Peel and chop onion.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion to saucepan and cook stirring frequently until onion is tender and translucent, not brown.
- Add flour to saucepan and season with pepper flakes and pepper to taste.
- Cook 3-4 minutes.
- Gradually add potatoes, reserved liquid, milk and sugar to saucepan.
- Add cheese and ham.
- Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.