1/1 Photo of Chunky Potato Soup
1 hr 15 mins
This is another one of my favorite potato soup recipes. It's similar to some of the recipes already posted, but a little different so I am posting this too. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel potatoes and cut into 1" cubes.
- 2Bring water to a boil in large saucepan and add potatoes.
- 3Cook until tender and drain reserving liquid.
- 4Set aside potatoes and measure 1 cup cooking liquid (adding water if necessary) and set aside.
- 5Peel and finely chop onion and chives.
- 6Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- 7Add onions and chives to saucepan and cook, stirring frequently until tender, but not brown.
- 8Add flour to saucepan.
- 9Season with red pepper and black pepper to taste.
- 10Cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- 11Gradually add potatoes, reserved 1 cup cooking liquid, milk/cream, and sugar to onion/chive mixture in saucepan.
- 12Stir well and add cheese and bacon.
- 13Simmer on low heat for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 14Serve with fresh chives, cheese, and bacon.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.2
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 52.1 mg
- Sodium 230.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 12.9 g