Recipe by Bec
If you're serving this colorful soup to kids, reduce the ground red pepper to a dash for a milder flavor.
- 3 medium potatoes, cubed (2 1/4 cups)
- 2 cups vegetable broth or 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 small green pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 small yellow sweet pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/3 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan combine potatoes and vegetable or chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or till potatoes are tender-- Do not drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan cook the green pepper, red pepper, yellow pepper, and onion in hot margarine or butter till tender but not brown.
- Stir in flour, salt, black pepper, and ground red pepper.
- Add milk all at once.
- Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 1 minutes more.
- Stir in undrained potatoes- Heat through.
- To serve, ladle soup into individual bowls.