Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
From Cooking Light.
Make and share this Chunky Potato and Swiss Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- cooking spray
- 2 cups thinly sliced leeks (about 2 large)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups cubed peeled yukon gold potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup cubed carrot (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 cup cubed yellow squash
- 2 (15 3/4 ounce) cans reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup hot cooked wild rice
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Heat a large Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add leek and garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in potato and next 4 ingredients (potato through bay leaves); bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until tender.
- Discard bay leaves. Place half of the potato mixture in a blender, and process until smooth.
- Return pureed potato mixture to pan; stir in rice and the remaining ingredients except parsley.
- Cook over medium heat until cheese melts. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.