From Cooking Light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 2 cups thinly sliced leeks (about 2 large)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups cubed peeled yukon gold potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup cubed carrot (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 cup cubed yellow squash
- 2 (15 3/4 ounce) cans reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup hot cooked wild rice
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1Heat a large Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- 2Add leek and garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until tender.
- 3Stir in potato and next 4 ingredients (potato through bay leaves); bring to a boil.
- 4Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until tender.
- 5Discard bay leaves. Place half of the potato mixture in a blender, and process until smooth.
- 6Return pureed potato mixture to pan; stir in rice and the remaining ingredients except parsley.
- 7Cook over medium heat until cheese melts. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Potato and Swiss Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.5
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 27.8 mg
- Sodium 304.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth