Chunky Potato and Swiss Chowder
- Heat a large Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add leek and garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in potato and next 4 ingredients (potato through bay leaves); bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until tender.
- Discard bay leaves. Place half of the potato mixture in a blender, and process until smooth.
- Return pureed potato mixture to pan; stir in rice and the remaining ingredients except parsley.
- Cook over medium heat until cheese melts. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.