Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy to make and good to freeze. Good in a bun or with salad.
- 1 small carrot, peeled
- 1 small parsnip, peeled
- 1 small courgette
- 2 teaspoons thyme, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 500 g ground pork
- oil (for cooking)
- Grate the vegetables coarsely & toss together with the thyme & red onion. Break up the mince with a fork, add the vegetables & season, then lightly knead the mixture together.
- Divide into 4 & firmly press into a burger shape. Chill until required.
- Brush each burger with oil.Fry them in a non-stick griddle pan for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through; there should be no pink juices.
- Serve either in toasted buns with relish or with a leafy green salad.