Recipe by loof
A great and filling chili - adjust the chipotle chilis to your desired spiciness. Beef broth can be substituted for the beer if desired.
Top Review by mersaydees
Made as directed and it was a bit liquidy which is okay. The bigger issue is the balance: given the spiciness, the sweetness was off a bit for us. I think that the next time I'd make this I will add a can of diced tomatoes and a tablespoon of sugar. Thanks, loof! Made for Zaar Stars.
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 small onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 12 ounces pork loin
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1⁄2 cup picante sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon finely chopped chipotle chile in adobo
- 1 (16 ounce) can red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (can use light or fat-free)
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the onion. Mince the garlic. Cut the pepper into 1/2 inch chunks. Cut the pork into 3/4 inch cubes.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add onion and garlic and cook 3 minutes.
- Toss the pork cubes with the cumin and chili powder until well coated.
- Add the pork to the saucepan and cook until the pork is browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper, beer, picante sauce, and 1 tablespoon of the chipotle chilis. Bring the mixture to a boil. Simmer about 5 minutes or until pork is tender. Taste and add more chipotle if desired.
- Add the beans and heat through.
- Serve topped with sour cream and cilantro, if desired.