Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My family enjoys this soup and the spicier the pepperoni the hotter the soup, a great body warmer after a day in the snow! I got thi recipe fron a Canadian Living magazine abot 14 years ago.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup slivered green pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained,diced
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 cup thinly sliced pepperoni
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In saucepan, heat oil over medium heat,stir fry onion, green,pepper and mushrooms until soft but not browned.
- Add tomatoes, stock,pepperoniand basil,cook until heated through.
- Laddle soup into 4 oven proof bowls, sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil until cheese melts and is bubbly (baked).
- Serve immediately with garlic bread.