Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
"Wrap these decadent cookies individually in a holiday print cellphane bag and tie with a bow." From a brand name baking magazine.
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 (4 2/3 ounce) packagesandes creme de menthe chocolate-covered mint candies, foil-wrapped rectangular unwrapped and coarsely chop
- 1 1⁄2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
- Heat oven to 350. In large bowl, beat brown sugar, sugar, butter, shortening, vanilla, and eggs with mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in melted baking chocolate. Beat in flour and baking soda until well blended. Reserve 1 cup of the chopped mints. Stir remaining mints and chocolate chunks into dough.
- On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls 2 inches apart. Bale 11-15 minutes or until centers of cookies no longer look moist (do not overbake). Immediately sprinkle with reserved mints. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.