Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Tastes like a restaurant's! Double the sauce and freeze the extra in single-serving containers for super-fast meals.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 carrots, chopped, about 1 cup
- 1 onion, chopped, about 1 cup
- 1 celery rib, chopped, about 1/2 cup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 (24 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef, carrots, onion, celery and salt, stirring occasionally, until browned, 6-7 minutes. If desired add wine; cook 1 minute. Stir in sauce and tomatoes.
- Cover; bring to boil. Over low heat, cook 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Stir peas into sauce; cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Drain pasta; transfer to serving bowl. Top with sauce and sprinkle with parsley.