Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From "healthy" by Lesly Waters
- 7 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 small ripe pears, peeled, cored, and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350. heat honey in a saucepan, then add the vanilla and stir in the oats, cranberries, and pears.
- Press the mixture into a 7-inch square nonstick baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then mark into 10 bars and let cool completely.
Got home today and realised i had 3 pears that were close to going off and decided I wanted to make some sort of sweet treat with them! Found this recipe and had the majority of the ingredients so decided to give it a go! I didn't have any cranberries so used raisins instead which worked really well! Also to finish them off I melted a hazelnut galaxy chocolate bar and drizzled it over the top (bit of a chocolate lover) The result was lovely! Perfectly textured, soft in the middle and crispy round the edges! Would definitely recommend giving it a try!