1/2 Photos of Chunky Pear and Applesauce
WI Cheesehead's Note:
This is our favorite way to make applesauce. It comes from the book, "Baby Let's Eat" for heatlthy cooking for both baby and family. The pears give it a bit of a crunch, even though we don't leave the chunks. We puree it smooth. And there's no sugar in this recipe. We usu. leave out the mace and it tastes fine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place all ingredients in a heavy saucepan.
- 2Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- 3Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced to a chunky sauce, about 10 minutes.
- 4Remove from the heat, cool, and refrigerate until needed.
- 5You can also freeze in ice cube trays. Keep frozen cubes in a plastic bag so you can remove one portion at a time.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Pear and Applesauce
Serving Size: 1 (1440 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.2
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.9 g
- Sugars 59.7 g
- Protein 1.7 g