Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a spin off of the regular chocolate chipper recipes out there, just a bit of variety. The addition of cinnamon makes these special. From Martha Stewart.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped and roasted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Put butter and peanut butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium speed until combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add sugars; mix 2 minutes. Mix in eggs. Gradually add flour mixture; mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips, peanuts, and vanilla with a mixing spoon until well distributed. Refrigerate dough until it is slightly firm, 15 minutes.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Space balls 2 to 3 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Flatten slightly. Bake until just golden, about 13 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool. Serve with ice cream.
- * You can make these into bite size, just make the balls smaller. Also Instead of real peanuts you can add peanut butter chips, they come out great!