Recipe by SilentCricket
Are your kids always looking for an after school snack?! Or what about a snack for after the game, or some other activity?! Look no further and give this spread a try! (This recipe was originally published in the April 1982 issue of Better Homes and Gardens!)
Top Review by flower7
This was very good. I wasn't sure about the cream cheese with peanut butter but it was tasty. I did not use the coconut as I don't care for it. This would be excellent on cinnamon bread or bagels.
- 1 (4 ounce) package whipped cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chunky peanut butter (or creamy, if preferred)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 cup finely snipped raisins or 1⁄2 cup dried apricot
- flaked coconut (optional)
- apples or pear, slices
Directions See How It's Made
- In small mixing bowl, stir together cream cheese and peanut butter.
- Add milk, 1 TBSP at a time, stirring until blended.
- Stir in honey.
- Stir in raisins or apricots.
- Scrape mixture into a serving bowl.
- If desired, sprinkle coconut on top.
- Serve with fruit slices and/or crackers.
- Refrigerate any leftovers in a covered container.