Recipe by Katzen
A recipe from the Robin Hood Nutri Flour Bag... placed here for safe keeping.
Top Review by Lalaloula
Wow, Kat, these cookies are GREAT! I luv their crumbly texture with the little chocolate drops enclosed. Mmmm, the taste is also everything I had hoped for: Sweet, salty and simply yummy! :) I made half the recipe and ended up with 9 chunky cookies (I like them thicker), so Id say your yield is spot on. My only changes here were to use tahini in place of peanut butter as Im allergic to nuts (for the same reason I left out the pecans) and to reduce the sugar to 1/4 cup. The cookies still had a good sweetness due to the chocolate. YUMMO! Ill surely make these again as they are so easy to whip up, too and would certainly make great gifts as well. THANKS SO MUCH for posting this here, Kat! Made and reviewed for Veg'n'Swap #14 September 09.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (or Robin Hood Nutri Flour Blend)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup crisco vegetable shortening
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in small bowl.
- Beat shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar and egg in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until light and creamy, about 4 minutes.
- Add flour mixture, chocolate or peanut butter chips, and pecans. Mix well.
- Drop dough by spoonfulls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375°F for 8-10 minutes, or until light golden. Cool 10 minutes, then remove to rack to cool completely.