Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Thease are DELISCIOUS! The best cookies I've ever eaten. Much better than any manufactured, although you'd that they were. I just had to share them. This recipe makes a lot of cookies for large groups or special occasions. You can cut ingredients in half to make two dozen instead. I hope that you like them as much as I do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180C).
- Grease cookie sheet with vegetable oil.
- Cream together margarine, peanut butter, and sugars until mixture is smooth and fluffy.
- In seperate bowl combine flour, cocoa and baking soda.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture gradually, stirring in until well blended.
- (Mixture should be firm).
- Fold chocolate chips into batter until chips are evenly spread throughout.
- Spoon out level tablespoon and roll batter into a ball with palms of hand.
- Drop ball on cookie sheet and lightly press down with palm.
- Use fork to spread batter a little flatter (This will make cookie nice and round).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (until cookies are slightly brown around edges).
- Let cool aaprox.
- 10-15 minutes.
- Remember to re-grease pan a little between patches.
PLEASE READ<br/><br/>The ingredients list 2 eggs but they aren't included in the instructions. What happened was I made the cookies and when the first batch came out I realized they were kind of crumbly, and it was because I had forgot about the eggs because of their absence in the instructions. I'm still giving it 4 stars because the cookies still taste great, I just wish the author hadn't been so clumsy when writing out the recipe.
These are delicious, a SUBTLE chocolate and p.b. taste which I like. I must have over-creamed the margarine and sugar, because the texture was off. I also was in a bit of a hurry, so wasn't careful about using strict 1 tb measurements - also a big mistake. I only had 1 sheet of Release foil left, so I used it along with a greased cookie sheet. The ones with the foil came out a bit dry and the ones with the greased cookie sheet were soft but a bit doughy tasting. All that being said, next time I'll correct the above errors and I'm sure we'll love them! Thanks!
This recipe is great! I love the fact that it makes so many cookies so you have some to share! The cookies have such a good flavor and texture. My family is already begging me to make more and they just finished off the last of the batch this morning!