Recipe by Wildflour
One of my favorite holiday treats!
Top Review by Rinshinomori
Decadent! I don't make desserts much now but I remember making something very close to this all the time in the past. I had several kinds of dried fruits and added chopped dried cherries and chopped dried apricots in the mixture in addition to the macademia nuts. Thanks for posting this Wildflour. Made for ZWT 5.
- 3 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
Directions See How It's Made
- In heavy saucepan, combine sugar, butter and milk.
- Bring to full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add chips, stir til melted and mixture is smooth.
- Add marshmallow cream, nuts and liquer.
- Beat til well blended.
- Pour into foil-lined 13x9 pan.
- Chill til firm.
- **Can add orange food coloring if desired, great for Halloween!