Recipe by harryc
A very nutritious "chunky" salad with no oil. It's a Chunky One because one of each ingredient is required.
Top Review by SolightlyUK
I liked this a lot -- it was easy to make, it's something different to take for lunch, and it kept in the fridge for a couple of days very well. I think perhaps my marinated artichokes weren't as good as they possibly could have been, so might look for something special next time for this ingredient. I used a green onion in place of the scallion. (I have yet to meet a scallion...) I will definitely make again. Thanks for thinking this up, Chef 728712.
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the red bell pepper, cucumber, and tomato into bite-size pieces an put into a salad bowl. Leave the skin on the cucumber.
- Drain the artichoke hearts and add them to the bowl.
- Chop the scallion into small pieces about the size of coarse ground pepper and add to bowl.
- Add pepper. Add salt and stir gently. Let sit and add salt again.
- Put aside. The longer it sits, the more the juices meld and the flavor increases.