Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
I love oatmeal!! It is soooo good for you and is very adaptable. The kids love these cookies and the best part is you can make them ahead to freeze and then bake at a moments notice.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 3⁄4 cup Reese's pieces or 3⁄4 cup M&M'
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the oats, flour, baking soda, and salt in a large; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in raisins and candy.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Cover and freeze until firm.
- Transfer frozen balls into a freezer bag.
- To cook frozen cookies:.
- Place balls 2 inched apart on greased bakind sheets. Bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes or until golden. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Cookie dough can be frozen for up to 3 months.
These are really good but I found them to be a little dry. Instead of raisins I used dried cherry flavored craisins and reeses pieces. They really had a good flavor and kept well