Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is the perfect soup to warm your insides. I love the smell in the house when this soup is cooking.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 4 cups oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups button mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 potato, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- In large skillet on medium, heat oil and fry onions, garlic and carrots until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms, thyme, paprika and pepper; cook stirring often until no liquid remains, about 10 minutes.
- Scrape into slow cooker.
- Add 1 cup broth to skillet and bring to a boil, scraping up remaining bits.
- Scrape into slow cooker along with remaining broth and potato. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low until vegetables are tender and liquid is slightly thickened, about 6 hours.
- Stir in cooking wine.
A very nice soup, which was very much enjoyed! I did make a few changes according to what I had, used some portobellos, added some tomatoes, used veg. broth. Thanks for a warming soup! Made for KK's Crock Pot event.