6 hrs 20 mins
This is the perfect soup to warm your insides. I love the smell in the house when this soup is cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 4 cups oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 potato, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1In large skillet on medium, heat oil and fry onions, garlic and carrots until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 2Stir in mushrooms, thyme, paprika and pepper; cook stirring often until no liquid remains, about 10 minutes.
- 3Scrape into slow cooker.
- 4Add 1 cup broth to skillet and bring to a boil, scraping up remaining bits.
- 5Scrape into slow cooker along with remaining broth and potato. Stir to combine.
- 6Cover and cook on low until vegetables are tender and liquid is slightly thickened, about 6 hours.
- 7Stir in cooking wine.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Mushroom Soup (Slow Cooker)
Serving Size: 1 (512 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.1
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 983.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: