1/2 Photos of Chunky Mushroom Sauce
Chef Patience's Note:
For pasta, steak, whatever stirs your imagination. From Food Everyday issue 9.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ounce dried mushroom, rinsed
- 4 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs small white button mushrooms, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup dry sherry or 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1Soak dried mushrooms in water for about 30 minute
- 2Drain thoroughly, reserving liquid.
- 3Chop roughly.
- 4In a large skillet, heat oil.
- 5Add onion, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minute.
- 6Then add garlic, stirring constantly. Heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 7Add fresh mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Saute until juices are released, about 10 minutes.
- 8Saute mushrooms at a higher temperature until juices evaporate and mushrooms brown, about 5 minutes.
- 9Add dried mushrooms, thyme, sherry and tomato paste. Continue cooking until pan is dry, about 2 minutes.
- 10Pour in reserved mushroom liquid. Simmer until sauce thickens, about 25 minutes.
- 11Stir in the vinegar.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (475 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.7
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 54.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 6.4 g