Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
These are very tasty, moist muffins that manage to be good for you too.
Make and share this Chunky Monkey Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375°F Grease 9 muffin cups.
- In large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In small bowl beat oil and eggs together. Add bananas and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to flour mixture, stirring only until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts (do not over mix).
- If batter is too dry, add another tablespoon vegetable oil. However, note that muffin batter should be on the thick, lumpy side.
- Fill muffin cups to about a 1/4 inches below the rim (about a scant ¼ cup batter per muffin cup).
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Let stand several minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool.