Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have not tried this recipe yet. recipe taken from www.recipe-from-friends.com
Make and share this Chunky Monkey Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 9-inch round cake pans with cooking spray.
- Peel 2 bananas and mash them up in a bowl. Add cake mix, water, eggs and oil. Beat on low speed of mixer until well combined, about 1 minute. Increase speed to high and beat until mixture is smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Chop remaining banana into 1/2-inch pieces. Using rubber spatula, fold bananas, chopped walnuts and chocolate chips into cake batter.
- Divide batter evenly between pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle of cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pans about 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely.
- Frost cake with your favourite chocolate frosting, putting icing between layers.
Can not believe this recipe has been ignored for nearly 5 years! What a mistake. Delicious cake with lovely texture - totally a fast keeper that made excellent use of 2 rapidly darkening bananas. Toasted the walnuts until dark brown (more like a heaping cup) & mixed as directed. Used a mix of cut up Hershey's milk chocolate bars & dark chocolate Hershey's kisses. Made in a 9 x 13 inch pan - took an additional 20 minutes to fully cook - so worth the wait! From mixing to baking - done & washed up in under a hour. Will be using this for summer potlucks. Tastes even better the next day! Moist without being mushy or greasy - YAY! Plan to pair with fresh churned vanilla & nutmeg ice cream. Thanks Poutine for a real sleeper keeper!