Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mom used to make this when I was younger. Kids love the way it looks and that they can eat it with their hands.
- 3 (16 ounce) cans refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- Separate biscuits; cut each biscuit into 4 pieces.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar in a bowl coat each piece of biscuit and pile into a bundt or tube pan.
- Heat margarine and brown sugar until it is melted; pour over the biscuits.
- Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes.
- When it has cooled, unmold onto plate.
- Pull apart to eat.
This is my sons favorite thing when he was small..so he came home for Thanksgiving and I used this recipe...but used splenda to cut down on the sugar...it came out perfect.
what monkey bread? As soon as it cooled (not long!) it was GONE! I think I got one little chunk, and the family wolfed down the rest :)
Incredibly easy and tasty. I did add a spoonful of sourcream to the butter & brown sugar as I like the little added flavor it gave. Thanks for the great recipe!