Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
Adapted from Taste of Home. We love Chocolate chip cookies around here, so I am always making a different recipe. These cookies loaded with goodies and a soft mocha flavor are very popular. I substitute freshly ground whole grain flour for part of the all-purpose. **PLEASE NOTE**. If you substitute store-bought wheat flour for the all-purpose, you do not need to add the additional amount of flour - just use the same amount as all-purpose.
- 1 cup butter flavor shortening
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour (or 1 cup all-purpose flour plus 1 1/2 cups freshly ground soft wheat flour or 1 cup oat flour)
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugars.
- Beat in eggs, milk, coffee granules and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in pecans, chips, raisins and coconut.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.
- Yield: about 6 dozen.