When I was little I'd pronounce the word 'minestrone' like 'Mine-strone.' It was great. So yeah, I have yet to try this 'mine-strone' soup, but it looks good! Makes 10 1/2 cups.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium carrot, halved lengthwise and sliced (3/4 cup)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans no-salt-added whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced (2 cups)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- 2Add onion, carrot and garlic; saute for 3 minutes.
- 3Add rice, Italian seasoning, water and whole tomatoes; bring to a boil.
- 4Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- 5Add zucchini, salt, pepper, spinach and cannellini beans.
- 6Cook an additional 5 minutes.
- 7Ladle into individual soup bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Minestrone
Serving Size: 1 (615 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.6
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 11.7 mg
- Sodium 418.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 20.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning