Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
When I was little I'd pronounce the word 'minestrone' like 'Mine-strone.' It was great. So yeah, I have yet to try this 'mine-strone' soup, but it looks good! Makes 10 1/2 cups.
- 1 medium carrot, halved lengthwise and sliced (3/4 cup)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans no-salt-added whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced (2 cups)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add onion, carrot and garlic; saute for 3 minutes.
- Add rice, Italian seasoning, water and whole tomatoes; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add zucchini, salt, pepper, spinach and cannellini beans.
- Cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Ladle into individual soup bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.