Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A super yummy chunky style chili made in the crock pot. I throw this in my crock after dinner, and I have a healthy, filling lunch to take to work with me the next day! Makes a huge batch (it fills up my 6qt crock), and a heaping serving clocks in around 250 calories, so you can enjoy a slice of crusty french bread with it and not feel guilty! YUM. *To make ahead and store in the freezer, just place chopped veggies and meat into a freezer safe container. When you're ready to put it together, throw the frozen veggies and meat into the crock, add the canned ingredients and the seasoning packet.
- 3 (15 ounce) canschili style diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained (I used "ranch Style" brand)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained (no salt added if you can find it)
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced jalapenos, with liquid
- 3 stalks medium celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, chopped (bell peppers)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet chili seasoning mix
- 1 lb fajita seasoned skirt steak, chopped, with juice
- Add all canned items and seasoning mix to a large crock pot (5-6qt).
- Chop all vegetables and add them to crock.
- Chop Meat into slightly larger than bite sized pieces (it will shrink slightly during cooking).
- Add meat with fajita seasoned juices from the package, if any, to crock.
- Mix well and heat on low for 8-10 hours for on high for 4-5 hours.