Recipe by Faith77
Made this a few times and pretty good. A great way to enjoy a meal without the meat. I got this recipe from a little booklet that came in the mail advertising rice.
Top Review by Junebug
This was quick and easy to put together and uses ingredients that I always have. I doubled the garlic because we love garlic! And towards end of the cooking time I added some chipotle chili powder and ground mexican oregano powder. I served it with a small dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of cheddar cheese on top. We had cornbread sticks with it. Thanks for sharing your yummy chili recipe Faith!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (19 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (19 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (12 ounce) can kernel corn
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 ground cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat big pot over medium-high heat.
- Saute green pepper, onion and garlic until onion is tender.
- Drain and rinse beans; drain corn.
- Stir in beans, corn, tomatoes, rice and water into onion mixture; season with chili powder and cumin.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.