Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Made this a few times and pretty good. A great way to enjoy a meal without the meat. I got this recipe from a little booklet that came in the mail advertising rice.
- Heat big pot over medium-high heat.
- Saute green pepper, onion and garlic until onion is tender.
- Drain and rinse beans; drain corn.
- Stir in beans, corn, tomatoes, rice and water into onion mixture; season with chili powder and cumin.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
This was quick and easy to put together and uses ingredients that I always have. I doubled the garlic because we love garlic! And towards end of the cooking time I added some chipotle chili powder and ground mexican oregano powder. I served it with a small dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of cheddar cheese on top. We had cornbread sticks with it. Thanks for sharing your yummy chili recipe Faith!