Recipe by Timothy H.
I love using Marinara Sauce on many different types of food,so I decided to can a few quarts for use later in the year.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpeeled and diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook 2 to 4 minutes until crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
- Mix in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar, oregano and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until flavors are blended, stirring frequently.OR.
- Scald jars,pour sauce in while hot. Process for 10 minutes at 5 lbs pressure.This will make about 2-3 quarts.