Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I adopted this from the Recipezaar account. Suggested dippers: veggies, sausage, corn chips, and/or tortilla chips. After making this (7/08) I decided to reduce the amounts of spices - the original recipe called for 1 Tbsp/each, cumin & coriander - I used 1 tsp/each. Please feel free to experiment for your own taste though! :)
- 15 ounces light kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (I like Cholula brand)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Mash the beans by hand, using a fork or the back of a wooden spoon.
- Blend in the sour cream, mixing until smooth.
- Add all the other ingredients and blend well.
- Cover and chill for a couple hours to allow flavors to meld.
We had this with homemade corn chips and it was dee-lish. I made just as posted. I might add some garlic next time but DH wants it in the faves book just as it is. Thanks !
Made for PAC, Spring 07 ~ Another of my adopted kids comes through again! Although I did tweek it a little, this dip is great & well worth keeping! I added only about 1/2 teaspoon of hot sauce &, as per one reviewer's suggestion, added a bit of minced garlic! Guests were spreading it on crackers, dipping jicama slices & chips ~ some even ate it as is!! Thanks for sharing this recipe!
I really enjoyed this dip with tortilla chips. I made a couple of changes/additions, and I was very happy with the result. I used yogurt instead of sour cream, used sriracha hot sauce, and added a lot of minced, roasted garlic. This was easy, super quick, and satisfying. Thanks!