Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fresh tasting ketchup for those hamburgers and hot dogs this summer. Adapted from a popular cooking and recipe magazine's newsletter.
- 8 cups tomatoes, chopped seeded peeled
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 green peppers, medium and chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 12 ounces tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- In a large saucepan combine all the ingredients except the white vinegar and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 1 1/2 hours or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in the vinegar and heat through. Ladle mixture into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace and adjust caps. Process for 20 minutes in a boiling water bath.