Prep 50 mins
Cook 0 mins
Good, easy home made soup.
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb beef tips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian tomatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup with basil, undiluted
- 4 cups water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 8 ounces rotini noodles, cooked
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- grated parmesan cheese
- Cook beef and onion in a Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring until beef is no longer pink; drain.
- Return mixture to pan. Stir in tomatoes, and the next 7 ingredients, and, if desired chili powder; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes.
- Stir in kidney beans, green beans and carrot, simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.
- Stir in pasta and simmer until pasta is tender.
- Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese.