Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Wonderful hearty soup.
Top Review by quikgourmet
This soup is much like the hearty vegetable soup my mother used to make, and she was Italian. We all loved it! I used a 1 lb. chuck blade steak, cut into small pieces, rather than ground beef. I left out the pasta this time, and it was still a fabulous recipe!
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 (822.13 g) candiced Italian-style tomatoes
- 311.84 g can tomato soup with basil, undiluted
- 946.36 ml water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 14.78 ml beef bouillon granules
- 4.92 ml salt (or to taste)
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 453.59 g can kidney beans, drained
- 453.59 g can Italian cut green beans, drained
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 226.79 g rotini pasta, cooked and drained
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef and onion in a large Dutch oven over medium heat, until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain.
- Stir in carrots, and next 10 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes.
- Stir in kidney beans and next 2 ingredients; simmer, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes.
- Stir in pasta; taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Sprinkle each serving with cheese.