Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This came in the Miami Herald hurricane section. I didn't want to lose it.
- 2 cups canned chick-peas, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons raw organic tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- Place the chickpeas in a medium-sized bowl and squeeze by hand until they reach a thick, pasty consistency.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mash with a fork until blended well. The mixture should be chunky but moist, not crumbly.
- Serve with flatbread or crackers.