Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I make this with my home canned tomatoes and fresh veggies....This is quick and I always have the items on hand. Most people who don't like tomato soup love this one.
- 1 cup celery, chopped with leafy tops
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 quart crushed tomatoes
- 2 knorr tomato bouillon with chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- milk, to thin (if needed)
- mccormick worcestershire black pepper
- Sauté celery, onion and red pepper in butter till soft and slightly caramelized. Add crushed tomatoes and heat through.
- Blend contents with a hand blender, or standard blender until it is the texture you want. We like ours a little chunky.
- Take off the heat and add the whipping cream. If it is too thick add some milk until it is the consistency you want. We like ours thick and hearty.
- Heat through and adjust the salt and pepper.
- Note: If you don't have the McCormick's pepper, just add regular black pepper and a splash of Worcestershire sauce.