Prep 8 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you like chunky spreads, this is a great way to use up left-over ham. Can use chicken, turkey, or tuna. Excellent for bread sandwiches, pita pockets or spread on crackers. Cook time= Chill time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups ground cooked ham
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (depends on your preference in spreads)
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- In mixing bowl, combine all ingredients to blend.
- Chill for about 10 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate left-overs.
This is also wonderful made with left over salmon.
Very good. Taste like I remember. Everyone liked, even my 1 year old. He had it on crackers and my 4 year old liked it on crackers and as a sandwich.
This spread is VERY good. I left out the hard boiled egg (personal preferance) and the cayenne pepper, just added more black pepper. Other than that, I made it as written.