Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Christmas with Southern Living 1998. I use frozen shredded hash browns in place of the new potatoes.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 lb new potato, coarsely chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups ham, cubed
- 0.5 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion. Cook 10 minutes or until onion is tender and begins to brown, stirring often.
- Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain well.
- Cook chopped potato in boiling water to cover 10 minutes or until barely tender; drain.
- Combine soup and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well. Stir in onion, broccoli, potato, and ham.
- Spoon ham mixture into a greased 3 1/2 quart casserole.
- Unfold piecrust onto a lightly floured surface and press out fold lines. Roll pastr to extend 3/4 inch beyond edges of casserole. Place pastry over ham mixture. Seal edges, and crimp. Cut slits in top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 45 minutes or until crust is golden.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
This helped me get rid of a ton of left-over ham. Good creamy sauce. I used a crust on the bottom of the casserole as well. I will be using this recipe again. I imagine this would also be good with leftover chicken or any other veggies you may have. Thanks for sharing!