1/5 Photos of Chunky Guacamole
This recipe was originally submitted by Mean Chef (IHHDRO). I adopted it after he left the site. The text from my original review stated, "Excellent guacamole! I didn't have any serrano peppers on hand and subbed a some finely diced jalapenos. The flavor of this was so fresh and wonderful. I love avocados and this was guac at its best." I go through phases of craving guacamole and have tried other recipes, but always come back to this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 medium white onion, very finely chopped
- 2 -3 serrano peppers, stemmed, seeded and very finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, cored and very finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and very finely chopped
- 10 sprigs fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 medium avocados (preferable Haas)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 1In a medium-size bowl, mix the finely chopped onion, tomato, chiles, garlic and cilantro.
- 2Close to the time you are going to serve, halve the avocados lengthwise by cutting from the stem to flower ends, around the pits.
- 3Twist the avocado halves in opposite directions to loosen the meat from the pits, then scoop out the pits.
- 4Scrape the avocado pulp from the skins and add it to the bowl.
- 5Using your hand, a fork or a spoon, roughly mash the avocado while mixing in the other ingredients, making a coarse, thick mass.
- 6Flavor with salt, then enough lime juice to add a little zing.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Guacamole
Serving Size: 1 (902 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.3
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 409.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.8 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 5.0 g