Recipe by WildlifeDi
This is a wonderful recipe. We planted a tree JUST so we could do this dip! Let me know Chunky Guacamole
Top Review by Pam #5
I made this for a function at work. I doubled the recipe, so six avocados and it was gone in a flash. I also used four cloves garlic in the double batch. I thought it was going to be too much garlic, but like I said, everyone loved it! I also used green onion as suggested instead of white onion. Everything else was exact same and everyone is asking for the recipe.
- 1⁄2 small onion, very finely chopped
- 2 serranos or 1 jalapeno, seeded, stemmed, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes, cored and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 10 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- 3 medium avocados
- 1⁄2 lime, fresh squeezed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients.
- Remove the pit and peel on the avocado an d cut into small pieces.
- Lightly mash the avocado with the other 5 ingredients.
- Flavor with salt. Then add the lime juice...just to add a little zing.
- Taste as you go the first time you make this.
- Return the avocado pits to the guacamole (keeps it from turning black) and cover with a sheet of plastic wrap.
- Make sure to press it directly against the surface all over.
- Set aside or refrigerate to let flavors blend.
- When ready to serve, add whole sprigs of cilantro for garnish.
- Serve with tortilla chips or mound over shredded lettuce for a different salad.