This is a wonderful recipe. We planted a tree JUST so we could do this dip! Let me know Chunky Guacamole
- In a medium bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients.
- Remove the pit and peel on the avocado an d cut into small pieces.
- Lightly mash the avocado with the other 5 ingredients.
- Flavor with salt. Then add the lime juice...just to add a little zing.
- Taste as you go the first time you make this.
- Return the avocado pits to the guacamole (keeps it from turning black) and cover with a sheet of plastic wrap.
- Make sure to press it directly against the surface all over.
- Set aside or refrigerate to let flavors blend.
- When ready to serve, add whole sprigs of cilantro for garnish.
- Serve with tortilla chips or mound over shredded lettuce for a different salad.
I made this for a function at work. I doubled the recipe, so six avocados and it was gone in a flash. I also used four cloves garlic in the double batch. I thought it was going to be too much garlic, but like I said, everyone loved it! I also used green onion as suggested instead of white onion. Everything else was exact same and everyone is asking for the recipe.
Delicious!! My family loved this quick, easy and flavorful guacamole. I used a purple onion, a large jalapeno, and a little extra garlic and cilantro. I also added some fresh ground black pepper with the salt. This was gone in a hurry and everyone was asking for more. I'll be making this again soon. Thank you for sharing this fabulous recipe...it is definitely a keeper!! *Made for Bargain Basement Tag Game*