Recipe by 3 Zesty Lemons
This is a simple and delicious guacamole recipe that I created at home after falling in love with the guac from the Mexican food stand at a suburban Philadelphia farmer's market. This mouth-watering recipe skips the chiles, but includes plenty of cilantro, for that signature, citrusy herb note--the flavor of fresh. For more information and photos, visit www.3zestylemons.com
- 2 ripe Hass avocadoes
- 1-2 garlic clove, minced
- 14.79 ml freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1.23 ml kosher salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 78.07 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 very small red onions or 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Test the guac for flavor as you go; finding the right flavor balance is a delicate, subjective process.
- Slice avocados. Scoop out flesh and discard pits. Mash avocado, garlc, lime juice, salt, and pepper just until smoothly combined. Gently mix in cilantro, chopped onion, and tomato. Mixture should be well incorporated but still chunky.