Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A variation of Barefoot Contessa's recipe.
Make and share this Chunky Guacamole recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ripe avocados
- 44.37 ml fresh lime juice
- 14.79 ml tequila (optional)
- 1.5-2.0 ml Tabasco sauce (more or less to taste)
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tomatoes, seeds removed and diced small
- 14.79 ml fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the stones and scoop out the flesh with a spoon into a large bowl.
- Do not mash, but use a knife and fork to slice through the avocado until they are finely diced. You want to have some chunks in there.
- Add the lime juice, tequila (if using), Tabasco, onion, garlic, salt and pepper and mix carefully.
- Add tomato and mix again.
- Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Sprinkle with coriander prior to serving. Can be refrigerated but remove from fridge about an hour before serving.
- Serve as as a side with a Mexican meal or with the obvious, tortilla chips.
This is excellent guacamole. I followed the ingredients but didn't add the tequila. We were out of tomatoes so I used a little salsa in recipe. The flavors blended really well together. Made for Market Tag Game 2008.