1/2 Photos of Chunky Guacamole
A variation of Barefoot Contessa's recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ripe avocados
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon tequila (optional)
- 6 -8 dashes Tabasco sauce (more or less to taste)
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tomato, seeds removed and diced small
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1Cut the avocados in half, remove the stones and scoop out the flesh with a spoon into a large bowl.
- 2Do not mash, but use a knife and fork to slice through the avocado until they are finely diced. You want to have some chunks in there.
- 3Add the lime juice, tequila (if using), Tabasco, onion, garlic, salt and pepper and mix carefully.
- 4Add tomato and mix again.
- 5Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- 6Sprinkle with coriander prior to serving. Can be refrigerated but remove from fridge about an hour before serving.
- 7Serve as as a side with a Mexican meal or with the obvious, tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Guacamole
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.0
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 601.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.2 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 4.6 g