Chunky Gazpacho Salad With Citrus Scallops
- Cucumbers--peel/seed & dice.
- Bell pepper--core/seed & dice.
- In a small bowl mash garlic and salt until pasty & scrape into a large mixing bowl.
- Core tomatoes and 1/2 vertically. Discard seeds. Chop tomatoes into 1/4-inch cubes. Place tomatoes into bowl with garlic and add bell peppers, cucumbers, onions, vinegar & oil. Let stand for 5 minute Allow veggies to give off their juices. Season to taste wit Salt and Pepper.
- Pat scallops dry; season with salt. Grill scallops 2 min per side or pan sauté scallops by warming 1 tbs. extra virgin olive oil into non-stick skillet over high heat & cook 2 min per side. Brown on the outside - tender in the middle.
- Divide gazpacho between 2 bowl & top with scallops & squeeze lime juice over top.
- ** Use BEEFSTEAK tomatoes instead of plum--easier to chop!