K9 Owned's Note:
A blender is optional for this soup. I take 1/2 of the soup and puree it but leave the rest 'chunky'. As written it will all be chunky. :) This recipe was taken from a 1987 Canadian Living Cookbook. I have been making it ever since and to date I haven't made a gazpacho I like better. Cooking time is chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups tomato juice
- vegetable cocktail, works very well too
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, can sub vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste
- garlic-flavored croutons (to garnish)
- 1Peel, seed and chop tomatoes and cucumber.
- 2Place in a large bowl with garlic, green pepper and onion.
- 3Combine tomato juice, lemon juice and oil - pour over vegetables.
- 4Season to taste with salt, pepper and hot sauce.
- 5Cover and chill for at least 1 hour - 2 or 3 is better.
- 6Garnish with garlic croutons just before serving.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Gazpacho
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.7
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 279.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 2.1 g