Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce, 1 1/2 cup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut in 1/2" cubes
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1⁄2 cucumber, seeded & chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- GARNISH: Herbed Garlic Croutons, dollop of plain yogurt topped with finely minced fresh chives, finely shredded lettuce, or minced parsley,(optional) In a med size mixing bowl, combine tomato sauce, olive oil, vinegar and honey.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Top each serving with one of the above listed garnishes.
- Serve chilled.
- VARIATIONS: - add 2 T chopped fresh mint leaves; omit hot pepper sauce Serve with a substantial salad, and/or a cheese platter.