Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This Cranberry sauce is adopted from Paula Deen's recipe. It is simply delicious and we use it every time that we serve a turkey. It is also excellent in the summertime as a chutney.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 16 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 cup chopped apple (granny smith work great)
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier (this gives it an orangish flavor, you may substitute rum or bourbon if you wish)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice (or juice of 1/2 orange)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg, freshly grated
- Mix sugar and water and bring to a boil.
- Add the cranberries and return to a boil. Reduce heat until the mixture comes to a simmer.
- Add the remaining ingredients and let cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Let cool and serve as desired. Makes 8 half cup servings.