1 hr 5 mins
In '1,000 Italian Recipes' by Michele Scicolone
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs assorted firm white fish fillets, such as halibut, sea bass, mahi mahi
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 tender celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup peeled seeded chopped fresh tomato (or canned tomatoes)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 6 slices Italian bread or 6 slices French bread, toasted
- 1Rinse the fish pieces and pat them dry.
- 2Cut the fish into 2-inch chunks, discarding any bones.
- 3Pour the oil into a large pot.
- 4Add the carrots, celery, onion, and garlic.
- 5Cook, stirring, frequently, over medium heat until tender and golden, about 10 minutes.
- 6Add the fish and cook, stirring the pieces occasionally, 10 minutes more.
- 7Pour in the wine and bring to a simmer.
- 8Add the tomatoes, and the salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Add cold water to cover.
- 10Bring to a simmer and cook 20 minutes.
- 11Stir in the parsley.
- 12Place a slice of toast in each soup bowl.
- 13Ladle the soup over the bread and serve hot.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Fish Soup (Ciuppin)
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.3
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 126.9 mg
- Sodium 270.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 37.1 g