Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I didn't really like the Soup recipes for this so I made one up of my own and it was a big hit.
Make and share this Chunky Cream of Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs red potatoes (cubed with skins on)
- 1 medium onion
- salt and pepper
- 1 (24 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb bacon (cooked crisp and crumbled)
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- instant mashed potatoes (for thickening)
- shredded cheese (we use cheddar)
- In a Dutch oven or large stock pot cover potatoes with water, to about 1-2 inches above potatoes.
- Add in onions and salt and pepper.
- Boil potatoes to right consistency.
- Do NOT pour off water.
- Leave on low heat.
- In a separate bowl mix together sour cream, both cream soups, and evaporated milk with a whisk.
- Pour this mixture into pot of potatoes; mix well.
- Add in bacon, grease and parsley flakes.
- Lower heat to simmer.
- Add a little instant potatoes in at a time and mix well till you get your desired consistency.
- Pour into bowls and garnish with cheese.