Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here is a wonderful cranberry salad that goes well with turkey or any poultry dish. Actually, it is even great all by it's self! It is pretty as well as flavorful. We make it for Thanksgiving time.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag fresh cranberries
- 3⁄4-1 cup chopped walnuts or 3⁄4-1 cup pecans or 3⁄4-1 cup other nuts
- 1 lb seedless grapes, halved
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup sugar or 3⁄4 cup honey, to taste
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 pint whipping cream, whipped
- 1 tablespoon instant vanilla pudding
- Wash and finely chop cranberries.
- Chop nuts.
- Wash and halve the grapes.
- Put chopped ingredients into a bowl.
- Add vanilla and sugar.
- You can make this part a day ahead of serving Just before serving:.
- Whip the cream, after it is whipped, add the 1 tablespoon instant pudding, blend well.
- Cube the cream cheese into little bite size pieces.
- Add the whipped cream to the chopped ingredients and then fold in the cream cheese cubes.
Loved this cranberry salad! I used finely chopped pecans and the sugar instead of honey. Finely chopped the cranberries in my food processor, pulsed the grapes a few times in the processor and refrigerated overnight. Added the whipped cream mixture and cream cheese, so very good. Perfect amount of sweet and sour from the cranberries and grape mixture! Thank you MichEgan, will be making this again!