Recipe by DDW
This is a fun twist to homemade applesauce. Red hot candies give it some "bite" and those can be adjusted to one's personal taste. We love to serve this when we make City Chicken and Mashed potatoes. Great Fall/Winter food. I found this recipe in a '98 issue of Taste of Home and have been making it ever since.
Directions See How It's Made
- Place apples and water in a 5qt.
- Cover and cook over med-low heat for 20 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Add sugar and candies.
- Cook, uncovered, until sugar and candies are dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and cool.
- Serve slightly warm, or chilled.