Recipe by LeahMarie
From Betty Crocker's Slow Cooker Cookbook. Really simple and yummy. *CORRECTION* When I originally posted, I said apple sauce should be used. The correct ingrdient should be apple juice.
Top Review by newmama
This was fantastic and smelled so good. I left out the butter because I forgot it (whoops!) and cut the sugar to half a cup because I was using Macintosh apples and they are sweet already. My son refuses to eat applesauce but he "helped" me and since there were some chunks he tried it- and loved it. Thanks!
- 8 medium granny smith apples or 8 medium other tart apples, peeled, cored and sliced into fourths
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients in 3 1/2 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until apples begin to break up.
- Stir well to break up larger pieces of apples.
- Serve warm or chilled.
- To chill, cool about 2 hours, then spoon sauce into containers, cover and refrigerate until chilled.